Our team is made up of some of the most experienced bankers and community leaders in Southern California.
Meet the people who help connect our community:
Dan C. Yates
FUN FACTS ABOUT DAN:
- As a child, I wanted to be quarterback of the San Diego Chargers.
- When I’m not at work, you might find me riding my motorcycle in the twisty, back-country mountain roads.
- At the top of my bucket list is a long list of travel destinations. My favorite place to visit and vacation is Mexico.
- Since the age of 8, I have been interested in business and was drawn to entrepreneurial life and all it entails.
- Something most people don’t know about me is that I am an introvert.
Steven D. Sefton
FUN FACTS ABOUT STEVE:
- As a child, I wanted to be a football coach like my dad.
- When I’m not at work, you might find me backpacking in the Sierras.
- At the top of my bucket list is more world travel.
- What inspires me most is being a resource to help someone hurting or in need find a solution.
- My favorite place to visit/vacation is anywhere I have all my extended family under one roof.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:Steve has nearly four decades of banking experience in Southern California. He most recently served as President and past CEO of Regents Bank, the largest division of former Los Angeles-based Grandpoint Bank, a title he held from May 2012 until joining the Endeavor team in June 2017. During his time with Regents, Steve oversaw the purchase and merger of another community bank, while growing the Bank's loans and deposits at a healthy rate, the key metrics in banking. In prior assignments in his career, Steve has opened two regional offices and each time grew the region to over $100 million in loans and deposits, the size of a small bank.
Scott T. Parker
FUN FACTS ABOUT SCOTT:
- When I’m not at work, you might find me gardening, cooking, and spending time with friends and family. My wife and I enjoy good wines, and we often head up to the Central Coast to go wine tasting and visit friends.
- I was drawn to the finance & investment business because I discovered how gratifying it is to work with business owners and be a part of their success. I have a lot of respect for anyone that starts a business, takes on the risk, and works to be successful. It’s not easy to run a successful business, and it is exciting to be able to help them as their banking partner.
- My favorite place to visit/vacation is Santa Fe, NM. I went to high school and met my wife there. It is a place with a lot of natural beauty and outdoor activities, as well as interesting culture and great food!
Mark A. Anderson
FUN FACTS ABOUT MARK:
- As a child, my dream was to become a professional baseball player but working at the local bank and a lack of necessary baseball skills got in the way.
- At the top of my bucket list is to visit every major league baseball stadium, and preferably with my son.
- I was drawn to the finance & investment business because I began working at a bank at age 16. I enjoyed learning how the banking business worked, and my career just took off from there.
- My favorite quote or motto is “Life is short, buy the concert tickets.”
- Something most people don’t know about me is that I married my high school sweetheart. She is the best thing to happen to me and together we raised a son and twin daughters. Our reward is 4 grandchildren and counting…
FUN FACTS ABOUT JOHN:
- When I’m not at work, you might find me working on a '71 VW bus, projects around the house, or riding my 650GS motorcycle.
- I was drawn to the finance & investment business because I like learning about why companies are successful or why they struggle. As a child, I was always interested in various businesses and how they run.
- I am inspired by entrepreneurs who find success and still give back as well as those who are unassuming and appreciate those around them.
- My favorite place to visit/vacation is Italy, both Tuscany and Venice.
- My favorite quote or motto is: “Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right.” ~ Henry Ford
John Harelson joined Endeavor Bank in 2018 and in his current role supports the bank’s relationship manager and sales team to meet growth goals. He has lived and worked in San Diego for more than 30 years and has completed over $1 billion in business and commercial real estate financing in Southern California. He spent almost 9 years at Torrey Pines Bank and built its Carlsbad Office from the ground up. John also opened the first San Diego offices for both Citizens Business Bank in Carmel Valley and First Choice Bank in Carlsbad.
When John isn’t coming up with creative solutions to support his business owner and real estate investor clients, he has volunteered his time over the years to organizations including AFS High School Foreign Exchange, Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity at UCSD, San Dieguito Boys and Girls Clubs, Carlsbad Boys and Girls Clubs, Coastal Community Foundation, Meals on Wheels and Canyon Crest Academy Foundation.
John is a graduate of Oregon State University, Pacific Coast Banking School, as well as the USD International Business Certificate Program. He lives in San Diego with his spouse of over 30 years, Tami, with whom he has two adult kids.
- As a child, I wanted to be an architect.
- When I’m not at work, you might find me being active outdoors with sports or gardening.
- My favorite place to visit and vacation is Kauai.
- My favorite quote or mottos are “You only live once” and “Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.”
- Something most people don’t know about me is that I have been attacked by a Tiger Shark while vacationing in Maui.
Julie Given-Glance joined Endeavor Bancorp in March 2023. Prior to joining Endeavor, Julie served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Neighborhood National Bank in Chula Vista, CA. Prior to that, she was the Chief Financial Officer for a large credit union based in Orange County. Her experience also includes the role of Senior Federal Examiner with the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), and Chief Executive Officer for a local credit union. During her five-year tenure as Chief Executive Officer of the local credit union, the institution grew over 150 percent while maintaining outstanding performance ratings. Julie has also served on several credit union industry association boards of directors.Ms. Given-Glance earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Finance from San Diego State University. She also holds an Associated degree in Landscape Design. Outside of her professional career, she has focused on raising her three children, community volunteering, and fitness. She has coached numerous youth sport teams, while she also continues to compete in local running and triathlon events.